The first user group meeting took place at our Leeds railway station office on Tuesday 27th November 2018. The purpose of the meeting was to showcase wrap applications in the railway industry and to discuss our plans directly with our clients. The following topics were discussed:
1) Railway Wheel Balancing – Our Rail Vehicle Suspension Wrap predicts primary suspension packing thickness for each wheel both reducing suspension setup time by a factor of 12 and increasing passenger safety by optimising derailment stability. The pack prediction algorithm can be modified for use on any rail vehicle.
2) Arising Work – Do you spend much time chasing emails to resolve problems due to unplanned or arising work? Our Wrap literally gets everyone on the same page (shop floor workers, project managers, production supervisors and clients). Rectification work is defined in the wrap and is not acted upon until approved by the client. It even delivers a detailed bill of pre-agreed additional work at the end of the process. One client said the time saved by this single wrap easily justifies the cost of a wraps system all by itself.
3) Overhaul Wraps –This is a tried and tested process used on both vehicle and bogie overhaul. Our innovative approach eliminates all overhaul paperwork and compilation of Doc Packs, it can be implemented in under 24 hours and brings efficiencies both internally and down your supply chain.
4) Expansion plans at ExcelWraps – we would like to outline new features and benefits we’ll bring to our clients over the coming months. ExcelWraps has grown from a research idea, to first implementation at Hitachi to the current day when we provide indispensable online data tools to a number of large railway organisations (ROSCOS, Vehicle Builders and Overhaulers). Now we are restructuring for growth by bringing in new technologies, expanding our development team and growing our client services team. This has been achieved through the merger of MoreVision Limited and Framtidsforum I&M AB, Uppsala, Sweden to form a joint company ExcelWraps Limited.
- We gain a new Head of Technology in Mattias Waldau co-founder and CTO of www.Tacton.com, a 300 people company delivering configure-price-quote systems for B2B, with customers like Siemens, Caterpillar and Scania. This frees up John Doyle to concentrate on business expansion and client services.
- We continue to work exclusively for railway clients and offer a number of ‘killer’ applications to meet the specific needs of the industry.
- The development team now has centres in Leeds (UK), Stockholm (Sweden) and Kathmandu (Nepal). New software features are driven by the ever increasing demands of client applications and the team work hard to deliver speed, infinite scalability and a highly secure delivery platform.
- Our expanding client services team are conveniently located in the Platform building at Leeds City station. It’s their job to ensure that clients get the best from our technology and keep you up to speed with the latest developments.