In 1990 MoreVision was formed specialising in engineering analyses applied to railway vehicles, construction equipment, oil and gas plant, cranes and mechanical items for theme parks. They provide finite element analysis, testing and consultancy services for Hitachi, Bombardier, Siemens, Volvo, Shell, Disney and other renowned engineering clients.
In 1995 they started development of software to help engineers prepare calculations. It won a UK Government SMART award for innovation and was sold to US based Research Engineers in 2000 (now part of Bentley).
In 2007 MoreVision launched ExcelCalcs.com to deliver engineering calculations and training. It attracts over 25,000 unique visitors every month and some 55,000 engineers have registered with the site. Downloading worked solutions from our Repository gives you a head start in solving technical problems and our XLC add-in for Excel displays cell formulas as easily readable mathematical equations.
In 2012 ExcelWraps was initially conceived as part of an engineering project to deliver expert knowledge to the shop floor optimising railway suspension setup to increase derailment safety. We realised that the technology had a much broader application to enable anyone with Excel skills to deliver powerful online data solutions. Targeting solutions for railway rolling stock we coordinate work across many geographical locations making reports are instantly available to managers. ExcelWraps.com was launched as a commercial venture in 2016 and it has already attracted world class clients including:
- 2014 Hitachi Rail - CL395 Primary suspension, wheel load balance and vehicle levelling. CL395 overhaul workflow covering Unipart, Lucchini, Faiveley & Voith.
- 2015 BoltExpert - Bolt investigation tool.
- 2015 Trial - Wrap trials/tests.
- 2016 Wabtec Rail - Overhaul workflow CL225
- 2016 Bombardier Transportation - Overhaul Workflow CL321, CL357 & CL379
- 2017 Eversholt Rail Group - Fleet snaglist audits, CL375, CL455 & CL365
- 2017 Brush Traction - Overhaul work flow for EMT158, ASRHST, ARN158, XCT170; Generic Additional Arising Work (AAW) management; Generic Route Card for production planning
- 2017 Siemens Rail - Wheelset management solution & heavy maintenance planning.